POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : A question of physics : Re: A question of physics Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:26:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A question of physics
From: Peter Popov
Date: 16 May 2003 11:43:27
Message: <9l1acvo9rnd6u8ci0pehb6qv6pvguudkla@4ax.com>
On Fri, 16 May 2003 11:16:15 -0400, Christopher James Huff
<cja### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:

>For example, our atmosphere scatters blue
>wavelengths more than red ones, making the sky appear blue except for at
>sunrise and sunset, where you're seeing the wavelengths that weren't
>scattered as highly. This effect is enhanced by dust in the air, but I
>don't think it depends on it.

It's just that the nitrogen molecule scatters blue. Dust can be of any
color, making up for some gorgeous sunsets after a sandstorm (we had
some last month when a heat wave from North Sahara hit us.)

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg